LAND DRAINAGE ACT 1991
AXE BRUE INTERNAL DRAINAGE BOARD
NOTICE OF ELECTION
1. Notice is hereby given that the day of the poll for the Election of Members of the Internal Drainage Board for the several electoral districts of the above-named Internal Drainage Board will, if a poll shall be necessary, be 28 October 2016.
2. The number of members of the Internal Drainage Board for the several electoral districts is as follows:
Brean & Berrow – 1 seat
Brent Knoll, East Brent & Lympsham – 3 seats
Burtle/Poldens – 2 seats
Cheddar & Axbridge – 3 seats
Glastonbury – 3 seats
Highbridge & Burnham – 1 seat
Huntspill – 3 seats
Mark – 2 seats
Meare to Street – 4 seats
Wedmore – 2 seats
Wookey – 3 seats
North of Axe – 1 seat
3. Each candidate for election must be nominated in writing and the nomination paper must be sent to me, so that it shall be received at my office, not later than 12 noon on Friday 7 October 2016.
4. An elector may not sign more nomination papers than there are members to be elected for the electoral districts of the Axe Brue Internal Drainage Board.
5. Forms of nomination paper may be obtained free of charge from my office at Bradbury House, 33-34 Market Street, Highbridge TA9 3BW, telephone 01278 789906 or downloaded here:
Dated this 25th day of August 2016
N. W. STEVENS
Clerk and Returning Officer of the Axe Brue Internal Drainage Board, Bradbury House, 33-34 Market Street, Highbridge, Somerset TA9 3BW.
N.B. Votes at the election of members of an Internal Drainage Board may be given either personally or by deputy. A deputy shall be appointed in writing by the appointer either generally or in relation to a particular election, but he shall not be entitled to vote unless the instrument appointing him shall have been deposited at the office of the Internal Drainage Board not later than the last day fixed for the receipt of nominations.
A map is available to assist you with identifying electoral parishes: Axe Brue Electoral Map