AXE BRUE INTERNAL DRAINAGE BOARD
PARRETT INTERNAL DRAINAGE BOARD
NOTICE OF DATE OF COMMENCEMENT OF PERIOD FOR THE EXERCISE OF PUBLIC RIGHTS
ACCOUNTS FOR THE YEAR ENDED 31 MARCH 2017
The Accounts and Audit Regulations 2015 (SI 2015 No. 234)
The Local Audit and Accountability Act 2014
1. Date of announcement: 21 June 2017
2. Sections 26 and 27 of the Local Audit and Accountability Act 2014 provide for:
• Inspection: Any persons interested may inspect and make copies of the Annual Return and all books, deeds, contacts, bills, vouchers and receipts etc. relating to them. For the year ended 31 March 2017 these documents will be available during the period specified in paragraph 4 on reasonable notice on application to the person in paragraph 3 below.
• Questions and objections to the external auditor: Local Government electors and their representatives have right to:
• Question the auditor about the accounting records: and
• Object to the accounts or any item in them. Written notice of an objection must be given to the external auditor and a copy sent to the Authority. Objections must concern a matter of which the external auditor could make a public interest report or apply for a declaration that an item of account is unlawful.
The auditor can be contacted at the address in paragraph 5 below for this purpose.
3. Person to which you can apply to inspect the accounts
Name: Mr N W Stevens
Position: Clerk to the Board
Address: Bradbury House, 33-34 Market Street, Highbridge, Somerset TA9 3BW
Tel No: 01278 789906
4. Any rights of inspection, objection, and questioning of the auditor may only be exercised within a single period of 30 working days: (Accounts and Audit Regulations 2015, Regulation 15 (1)
Commencing on 22 June 2017
And ending on 02 August 2017
5. Your appointed auditor is:
Grant Thornton UK LLP (for the attention of Barrie Morris)
Hartwell House, 55-61 Victoria Street, Bristol BS2 6FT
Tel: 0117 305 7600
For more detailed guidance on electors’ rights and the special powers of auditors, copies of the publication Council Accounts – A Guide to Your Rights are available from the National Audit Office website.