Development Control is regulated by Local Planning Authorities, however Land Drainage Consent (Byelaw Consent) needs to be issued by the relevant Drainage Board if applicable. This is granted separately from Planning Applications under the Land Drainage Act 1991.

If at all possible, please submit all applications by email.  

Development Control Standing Advice

Any development within the Internal Drainage Board’s District and catchment is potentially subject to a consent from the appropriate Drainage Board under the Land Drainage Act 1991 and associated byelaws made under section 66. Land Drainage Consent application forms are to be used and can be found by following the Land Drainage Consents link below.

Standing advice is available to view and/or download by clicking on the following topics:

Agricultural and Equestrian Development

Major Development

Minor Development

For more information see the pages below:


Land Drainage Consents



Landscape development control