If you have a problem or are seeking assistance on a flooding or drainage issue then there are 5 statutory organisations who may be able to help you.Road Flooding Sign

In Somerset the five organisations with flooding and drainage interests are:

  • Environment Agency
  • Local district council or unitary authority
  • Local drainage board
  • Wessex Water
  • County Council

Unfortunately the law and operational activity undertaken by these organisations is quite complex for flooding and drainage issues.

– If you have heard of the possibility of heavy rain and need to find out if there is a flood warning in force for your area then please visit the Environment Agency’s Website. This will help you identify river catchments that are at risk from flooding and give you advice on what to do if flooding occurs.